INDUSTRIAL ADVISORY BOARD
A company, an organization, or a government agency or laboratory can join the WHIP Center. Annual dues are $50,000 for membership to support research. One representative from each member forms the Industry Advisory Board (IAB). The IAB makes the decisions on specific research projects to be pursued by faculty and allocates the research funds for each project. The membership Agreement and the By-laws give more details. (IAB).
WHY BELONG TO THE WHIP CENTER
- Research conducted gives a competitive advantage to your business
- Investment gives high return from pooled funds
- First access, royalty-free rights to intellectual property
- Access to research faculty, students and state-of-the-art facilities
- Connection with students gives advantage in recruiting
- Social responsibility to mitigate damage and anguish
"WHIP gives us privileged access to independent research teams focusing to solve complex open challenges, contributing to differentiate further our wind-induced risk modeling capabilities"
~ Maurizio Savina, SCOR P&C, Cat Model R&D Lead